Have you ever thought about taking your practice to the next level and becoming a certified yoga and fitness instructor? No? Let’s be honest, teaching a class isn’t for everyone, but that doesn’t mean the training isn’t worthwhile.
Every person that goes through a teacher training program will tell you the same thing: it changes your life. That’s not just lip service! Ask any of our amazing instructors and they’ll tell you the same thing! If that’s not enough, here are 10 reasons why you should consider taking a yoga teacher training:
- You want to figure out how to be a better family member/friend/employer. Teacher training will help you learn to listen in a much more meaningful way, benefiting your relationships off your mat as well.
- Find your yoga family. Speaking of relationships, the new ones you’ll create with those in your teacher training program will be invaluable. Many of our instructors will tell you they met their new best friends in teacher training.
- Challenge yourself physically. You have no idea just what your body is capable of until you push it to its limits. We can’t promise you’ll be able to nail a handstand by the end of YTT, but you will definitely be that much closer!
- Challenge yourself mentally. Yoga is a practice that extends well beyond the mat. Asana, the physical practice of yoga, is just one of the 8 limbs of yoga.
- Challenge yourself spiritually. Yoga helps you to quiet your mind and focus on the things that really matter. This self-discovery and reconnection with your inner self is one of the best parts of YTT for many people.
- You will avoid injury. As you become more aware of your physical self, you will become more mindful in your day-to-day activities off the mat.
- You will connect with yourself. A yoga practice helps you to become more in tune with who you are. This stronger sense of personal identity translates to feeling more comfortable in your own skin, no matter where you are. You will learn to truly love yourself.
- You will learn to express yourself better. A big part of YTT is learning to communicate with others. Whether that communication is how to describe a yoga sequence, or learning how to speak in front of others, this skill is invaluable.
- You will gain confidence. After everything you learn and practice through YTT, you will learn how to pick yourself up after you stumble and you will be able to see how far you’ve come from when you first started.
- You can’t help but be proud of your progress.
- You will open your mind. There is no one way to do anything, and teacher training will show you that this extends well beyond the mat.
So, what are you waiting for? Our Oxygen Yoga Teacher Training Program has multiple programs starting this summer and fall. There’s even a special intensive YTT in Costa Rica. Find out more >>> at O2 Yoga Teacher Training