You are the bridge to your own true Self. This week’s pose of the week Bridge Pose, Setu Bandha Sarvangasana is perfect for opening the front body and connecting to your true Self!
Strengthens the core, glutes and hamstrings. Stretches the shoulders, chest, hip flexors and quads.
- Start lying on your back on the floor
- Bend your knees placing feet on the floor hip distance apart with knees stacked directly above ankles
- Arms are straight, fingers reaching forward the heels with backs of hands on the mat biceps spinning up and out
- Keeping all 4 corners of both feet on the floor press through the heels to lift the hips
- Keep thighs parallel and back of head on the floor
- Front ribs drawing in and down towards the hip bones
- Opening across the chest
- Hold and breathe evenly for 3-5 breaths or more.
- To release, hips come back to the floor knees can fall in towards each other or windshield wiper side to side.
If you need support to lift the hips then use a bolster or block underneath the sacrum to support the weight of the body. If you want further opening across the shoulders and chest then interlace the hands together pressing the entire length of the arm into the floor.